I fell in love with Barcelona the moment I arrived. I always say it’s one of the cities I could see myself living in. If you haven’t been, you need to put it on your list of places to visit. Here’s why.
1) The Food: Paella, tapas, sangria, jamon. You’ll eat well in Barcelona and the food really needs no explanation.
2) The Architecture: The city’s most famous son, Gaudi, left his mark with gems like Casa Battlo, La Pedrera and Sagrada Familia. The well known attractions coupled with the city’s Catalan architecture make it one of the most unique in Europe.
3) The Culture: The lively city is brimming with music, art and museums. Trips to Barcelona are not complete without a visit to the Museu Picasso and a night spent watching the fountain of Montjuïc at night.
4) The Beach: There are few destinations that boast a major city and a beach. Barcelona has the best of both worlds. Barceloneta beach is a fun way to spend an afternoon people watching and eating great seafood.
5) The Shopping: You can find great stores along the Passeig De Gracia and Diagonal streets, known as the Barcelona shopping line. The city is also home to homegrown brands like Custo Barcelona, Desigual and Mango. Some of my favorite items to pick up are crafts like handpainted sangria pitchers and traditional ceramic tiles. And there’s always one of the best food market in Europe, La Boquiera.